Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it.
The primary purpose of the Capita Learning Services website, capitalearning.co.uk, is as a resource to help visitors learn more about our organisation and associated brands. We take care to protect the privacy of customers and users of the site and, if we do ask you to provide certain information, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have access to that personal data and request that it be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can also choose to prevent marketing communications to you by using opt-out mechanisms in emails we send to you. In such cases, we will retain the minimum personal data necessary to record that you opted out, in order to avoid contacting you again.
If you have submitted personal information through this website and wish us to cease using it for the purposes submitted, please contact email@example.com.
This policy sets out how we collect and process information about visitors to capitalearning.co.uk.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information at capitalearning.co.uk in two ways:
- information which is collected and stored during normal use of the site, such as your IP address and the pages you visited
- when you opt to submit personal information, in order for us to send you further information or email alerts; when you request to view certain content, such as white papers, or research; or when you register for an event, conference or webinar.
What information do we collect?
The information we might collect and process includes:
- Information about your computer, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Details of your visits to our website, the pages you view and resources you access or download. Please see our section on Google Analytics below and our separate Cookies section for more information.
- Information that you choose to provide by either emailing us or filling in a form on our website, including subscribing to newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference, or requesting content, such as a white paper.
- If you contact us with an enquiry, or for information, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
When this information relates to or identifies you, it is treated as ‘personal data’.
Information we receive from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties that we work with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties for online event registration systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf.
How is the information used and why is it being collected?
The information which we collect during normal use of the site is used for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on and analyse how parts of the site are used. Such use does not result in any personally identifiable data being collected or stored. Please see our cookies section for more information.
We use personal data to provide you with information you request, For example:
- To fulfil your requests for more information, white papers, articles, alerts, newsletters or other content. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further information as to why your data is needed and how it will be used.
- For surveys or research questionnaires.
- To contact you for marketing purposes where you have consented to this.
Who will the information be shared with?
In connection with any request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed directly to the relevant business unit within Capita and nowhere else.
By submitting your personal information through this website, you are consenting to it being processed in the manner described above.
We will not share your personal information with any third party, outside of Capita, that intends to use it for direct marketing purposes, unless we have specifically informed you and you have given us specific permission to do this.
We may use third parties, like service providers, agents or contractors to provide support and administration assistance for the internal operations of our websites, event registration systems, applications and online advertisements.
These third parties may come into contact with your personal information in the course of providing their services to us. They must provide equivalent levels of security for your personal information as Capita and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Capita.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on.
We have also implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This is used to gain an insight into the age, gender and interests of our users to help us make decisions on how to improve the website in the future. Users can opt out of this reporting by visiting Google Ads Settings.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB
Visitors may choose to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking with the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Links to other Capita websites
Our website contains links to the websites of Capita Learning brands as well as capita.com. Each of these websites has its own privacy notice where you can find information on how your personal data is collected, managed and used when visiting the website or engaging with the brands services. Please see the privacy and cookies sections each of these websites for further information.
Links to 3rd party websites
Our website also contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Capita Learning Services retains your personal information in line with Capita and Capita Learning Services specific retention periods and if stipulated within client contracts and does not seek to retain data for any longer than necessary to carry out our service and fulfil our statutory and contractual obligations. For further details on retention periods on your personal data please use the contact details below
The lawful basis for processing your information
We may process your personal data for our own a legitimate business interest in order to respond to any enquiries received via this website and any other media forms.
In the event we process your data for any marketing or promotional activities, then consent will be applied and obtained before doing so.
Will you process my information for purposes I may not be aware of?
Your information will only be processed as described in this policy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Capita Learning Services recognises the rights of data subjects under the GDPR which include;
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to complain to the Supervisory Authority – Information Commissioner’s Office
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to data portability
- The right object
For further information on your rights as an individual please refer to the ICO website – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
HOW TO CONTACT US OR COMPLAIN
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at 1st Floor, Reading Bridge, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 8LS, United Kingdom
If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority, the details of which are below:
Supervisory Authority: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
Updates to our privacy notice
Capita Learning Services may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.